Sunday, April 26, 2009

Worried about another HPV test.?

I have written before and you all have been sooooo helpful. I thank you all on this very difficult situation.





I have decided to go with another OB GYN doctor who has taken care of me before in my younger years. The most recent OB GYN doctor seemed to be cold and not informative about the issue of HPV. He told me my test results and said I had HPV High and to just come back in 1 year for a retest since my PAP was normal.


The doctor I have now, who is female, had me take another HPV test and PAP. I am scared now. Like I have to relive another test. It's as if I have to keep waiting and praying that the HPV virus will go away or if not I will have abnormal cells that may inevitably turn to cancer. It has made me moody because of this uncertainty in my life. I feel like I should prepare for the worst.








P.S. My father died of prostate cancer which makes it difficult to look at this situation objectively.

Worried about another HPV test.?
first off, you need to talk your new second doctor and have her explain hpv to you. it is absolutely not inevitable that you will get cancer from this, IDK where this idea comes from. nearly everyone gets hpv at some point, but how many people do you know that have cervical cancer, and I mean REAL cancer not just dysplasia. there is a difference between the two and it is not inevitable. by the way, if that was your first hpv positive and you have never had an abnormal pap , the first doctor did the right thing-you come back in one year for another pap and hpv
Reply:What you really need to do if you have questions and concerns is talk to your doctor. Not everyone here knows what they are talking about and you will end up getting conflicting answers some of which will be completely wrong. Below is a site you should check out that may answer some of your questions like will the virus go away? will it turn into cancer? Take your time and actually read it. (especially the living with HPV article)


Hope this helps you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive