Monday, May 17, 2010

Hey Dr.s, Does not having sex very often after a vasectomy, promote prostate problems, like cancer?

After having a vasectomy in 2000, I have had times where I have gone weeks or even months without sex. There have been times where I am urinating and have released an almost entire ejaculation's worth of semen. My question is, can this lead to prostate cancer? If so, please supply resources. My wife thinks that I am just trying to have sex more often, but I have shown her more than once that it is a real problem that can be very painful. I don't want any smart allec comments, I need some medical knowledge in this area.

Hey Dr.s, Does not having sex very often after a vasectomy, promote prostate problems, like cancer?
Vasectomy or frequency of sex has absolutely nothing to do with Prostate cancer. You are probably experiencing symptoms of Prostatitis -- a more common condition wherein your prostate gets inflamed. In this case, it is advisable to maintain regular sexual activity (once a day is the norm, depending on your age and overall state of health) inorder to eliminate those prostatic fluids you normally produce.





Going back to Prostate cancer, if you are at least 45 y/o, visit a urologist and have a digital rectal exam, and probably PSA testing (a blood test) if your doctor so decides.
Reply:I would suggest you call the surgeon who did your surgery and ask this question. Personally, I can't see a connection between having a vasectomy, sex and prostate issues. Celebate men do not have an increased risk of cancer of the prostate so you shouldn't either. This, however, does concern me... "There have been times where I am urinating and have released an almost entire ejaculation's worth of semen." From my understanding of how this whole thing works, this can't/shouldn't be happening together. How can you be sure it's semen in your urine and not an infection? How are you feeling otherwise? Do you have pain, fatigue? I think you need to see a doctor... really.

Dental Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive