Friday, May 21, 2010

I want to research a doctors experience in the field of prostate cancer.I would like his standing in thisfield

I am looking ahead in the next six months or so to be given radiation treatments to destroy the cancer. The procedure is quite delicate and I would like to check my doctors track record for this procedure and not from him but from public records but I do not know how to go about this process. I would be anxious to hear from anyone that does know. Thanks.

I want to research a doctors experience in the field of prostate cancer.I would like his standing in thisfield
Everyone gets auditted from someone these days so the information will be somewhere out there. Remember that this information has to be carefully interpreted eg some physicians select better cases to treat and may have better outcomes because of this. Ask your doc how many he's done and then just ahve faith. Numbers are just numbers at the end of the day and most people would actually be happier not knowing.





And radiotherapy instead of surgery suggests (atleast in the UK) non-curative treatment.





PS If you're friendly with a doctor I'd ask him for personal recommendations, he may even recommend someone if you're not on friendly terms. Remember doctors (should) get a broad level of experience and will have worked with at least a few local urologists/ radiologists. This route is much better than looking for statistics in my opinion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive