Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shoot for the Cure - Prostate Cancer?

I woud like try and to start an event, with a name like, Shoot for the Cure, to raise money to fight prostate cancer. It would be something like a basketball tournament, I'm not sure at this point how it would work out exactly. But anyhow, I would also like to try to coincide my event with the Race for the Cure, so maybe after people finish their walk/run, they can come out to a basketball court nearby to participate in a basketball tourney





So my questions:





1) Do you think people would be interested and support this?


2) Do you think the Komen people would take exception to the name, since it is similar and all?


3) Do you think the Komen people would take exception to scheduling the event on the same day?





Well, this is an idea I've been tossing around for a while, and I just wanted to get some opinions.

Shoot for the Cure - Prostate Cancer?
I think this is a great idea, why wouldn't women want to support their men in the fight for a cure of prostate cancer. If you already have the people running and walking, you have a great base of people already. Prostate cancer needs more awareness for men to have themselves checked sooner and more often. I have heard men's group say they need to have what the breast cancer awareness has. By joining the two seems like a great partnership. Hope it comes to true someday.
Reply:The first thing that title made me think of was ejaculation... I'm not trying to be dirty, just saying that's what it made me think of. I know that the prostate is a man thing, and it is 'down stairs.' I thought maybe you were trying to encourage people to donate sperm for investigative research or something.





If you want to have this double meaning for your event, then it's a great title, if you want something more wholesome... think of something else.





(Dribble for the cure - also a no no.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive