Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just dig with prostate cancer, anyone had the surgery?

had psa and Dr said I have in all prostate and possible outside ?wants to do surgery - I am heart


patient and I am 65 yrs old . I also had biopsy 6 out of 8 had cancer 3X3=6 gleason

Just dig with prostate cancer, anyone had the surgery?
I had the surgery 4 years ago when I was 51. There is a much more advanced version now though. It is laproscopic. They don't cut you open like they did me. My doctor in Orange County is now doing it and says he'll never go back. I mentor patients with prostate cancer and the ones who have had the new surgery swear by it. Most of them are in their 60's. Looks like a 3 week recovery instead of 6.





I am happy with the surgery, although I have not regained 100% of erectile function. Only about 1/3 of patients ever regain 100% function. I have absolutely no incontinence though. I think that is a thing of the past for most patients.





Try to have the laprascopic method done, but in any event, make sure your surgeon is expert (and can prove it) at nerve sparing.

wallflower

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive